Blossom is the start to the solution. The goal is to tour the city on a monthly basis after the school session has ended for the day. The members of Blossom will volunteer their time during specific days and hours to assist students with homework, preparing for exams, working on assigned projects, etc. Essentially Blossom will be the gateway from school life to home life. With that said volunteers will also be available to discuss life skills, issues, challenges and difficulties
Be a mentor!
Call for details about the next volunteer orientation!
The goal of the mentoring program is simple – to develop positive one-on-one relationships between mentors and children.
To volunteer as a mentor:
- Complete a Mentor Application (PDF) or Mentee Application (Fillable PDF) with four references
- Attend a three hour training session
- Undergo an interview and a background check
- Spend one hour a week for a full year with the youth
- Be in contact with the program coordinator on a regular basis
- Have a positive attitude!
To refer a child to the mentoring program:
- Fill out a Referral Form (PDF) and fax or mail it to our office. A program coordinator will contact you when referral is received.
For more information, please contact the program coordinator:
Erika Cruz: Theflowerpotcmd@gmail.com